.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fragile thoughts soon forgotten

Saturday, July 29, 2006

addicted to the sky


i am a lone lark, circling fields of canola, trying desperately to land without causing a stir.

my wings carry me far from feeling, far from needing anyone, keeping me afloat above a world of hungry people.

i make patterns like an airplane, feeling high on ideals and low about myself.

to need someone; to let myself fall... to cut my wings so i might feel the gentle stroke of a human hand. to be lifted up.

so many are so good at walking the earth -- can't i just stay up here alone, flying haphazardly in circles forever? in the end to die, fall, at the feet of no one?

confused i beg God to cut my wings for me! i am addicted to the sky.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

I am the American Eagle
Addicted to Thermal Updrafts
That carry me high aloft

I am Alert, aware of enemies
of our Precious Freedoms
Of Speech, Press, & Choice,
and Independent Thought

I am one, of many Snake Hunters!

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home